US

US
Our class on Deck 8 of our floating school/hospitol/ship/home with the city of Freetown in the back.

Friday, September 23, 2011

A Day in the Life

Every morning when I wake up I’m on a ship and I’m in a small room in a small bed. I have to force myself to get out of my warm bed into my cold cabin. I take a few steps into my living room and sometimes smell something good like cinnamon buns or pancakes, but usually just cereal or toast. The food for breakfast can taste good but usually not. I walk up one flight of stairs to school.
          My school only has 16 elementary kids. Some of the kids have been in school on the ship with me forever. When I’m in school or anywhere else on the ship I can hear overhead announcements, pagers going of and lots of screaming kids around me. I go to my cabin to have lunch with my family. I’m usually excited to eat but it is only rice and meat. I can feel the sticky rice and the chewy meat go down my throat and into my stomach. As I eat I can feel the rumble of the engine beneath me.
          Now I make the 30 second walk back to school. After school I practice hand bells or recorders with my music teacher and my friends. Sometimes I just  go straight to my cabin to do my long boring homework. Sometimes I will hear the fire alarm go off when I go home. It isn’t a real fire it is only a drill says the captain over the ship wide page. So everyone goes onto the smelly muddy dock and waits for the fire drill to be over.
 Occasionally when I go to dinner I smell something good like pizza or hamburgers but just an African meal is all I smell. After dinner I either swim in the pool or jut play on the deck. If I am swimming in the pool I ca hear the loud waves hit against the edges of the pool or feel the cool water splash all over me. If I’m just playing on the deck I feel the muggy air and see lots of little bugs flying around. Soon I go inside and go into my warm bed and wait for the next day to come. That is a day in my life.
         

By Nathaniel Cairncross



I wake up


I meet my friend Caleb for school


I an in school

I eat lunch in my cabin



I practice handbells








I eat dinner in my cabin

 

I play on deck 8 





3 comments:

  1. Is your day fun or boring. My days are fun. From Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I was just wondering if it ever gets a little bit hectic when the fire alarm goes off? Even if it just is a fire alarm drill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI I am Devyn I was wondering if you like living on a ship? If I could live on a ship I would live on the ship that you live on. I also think that it is super cool that you have a built-in playground on the ship. I was wondering if the food on the ship is good or bad? Is the school work hard or easy? Do you do testing every spring and fall? because we do testing every spring and fall? Do you like your school? What is your favorite subject?

    ReplyDelete