US

US
Our class on Deck 8 of our floating school/hospitol/ship/home with the city of Freetown in the back.

Friday, September 2, 2011

The House on Maple Street

The House on Maple Street


The day the boy told me he was doing it tonight I said I would watch. So that night I walked across the pitch black street on to the gray colorless sidewalk and waited and waited and waited and waited. All of a sudden the house lifted off the ground like a balloon on a silent take off. I could feel the burning flames as the smoke twisted and curled across the ground like fog. When I looked up the house was a tiny dot floating around in the inky black starry sky. Then I saw a tiny figure waving at me, and in the next sudden moment he was gone, and the mysterious take off was over.

by kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment