US

US
Our class on Deck 8 of our floating school/hospitol/ship/home with the city of Freetown in the back.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A day On the ship

A Day On The   
   Ship
First I wake up at around 7:20 AM. I fell very tired and lazy and I want to go to sleep for five hours before I wake up again. Then I get up and see more than a thousand massive metal containers out my window as I walk out to my living room to get breakfast. Breakfast is very refreshing and tastes sooo good and I don’t really feel tired anymore. Then I get dressed very quickly feeling very nervous and rushed as my mom says “You have nine more minuets! “ As soon as I am finished I race to school. After four class periods school is out for lunch break from 12:00 to 12:55 PM. I walk down to the dinning room and I wait in the long line. I impatiently wait in the line eager to get the food at the end of the line. In the end I always get the delicious food and sit down with my family in the loud warm dinning room. At 12:50 PM I go back to school. I walk to school and wait outside the door in the hallway. When they open the doors I go in to my classroom and get ready for the next class. I usually have a ton of fun! After school I do my homework and on Mondays, Thursdays, and Wednesdays I do chores. Mondays and Thursdays I vacuum, and on Wednesdays I help with laundry where my mom signs out four laundry slots in a huge laundry room with ten washers and dryers, a big table to fold, and an assorted number of ironing boards. After homework I get ready for dinner at 5:00 PM. Then we go down to the dinning room and eat dinner. It is very refreshing after a long day and sometimes I eat and talk with friends. After dinner I usually go on the playground. I am very energetic and ready to play and explore. It is usually warm and smells like dried grass that was baked in the sun. And sometimes I find moths or other types of bugs. I usually feel imaginative and eager to play the millions of adventures all crammed into my mind. Then it is time to go to sleep. I lay down in my soft small bed in my tiny room that I share with my sister. It is usually hard to go to sleep but then after a while my eyes slowly get tired of being open and then my eyes close and I fall into a deep sleep. That is what a day on the ship is like for me .

sleeping in my room with my sister before getting up.


Eating breakfast in my cabin.

walking to school with my friend deborah.


Eating lunch with my family. 

Doing my chores after school.

Doing homework in my cabin.

Eating dinner in the dinning room with my family.

playing on the playground on deck 8.           By Kylie

8 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your life sounds amazing. I would love to live on a boat. I think that sounds very cool. A playground on a boat, now that's cool. It looks like your life is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    It must be cool to live on a ship! I live in Sugar Hill, N.H. U.S.A., there are a lot of mountains here. It is amazing that our lives are so different, but also the same.

    Bye,
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I'm Eliza from Lafayette Regional School in Franconia, NH. Your blog is very interesting! Living on a Mercy Ship must be very cool. I can't believe that the ship even have a playground! How long have you lived on the ship? What is your favorite thing about it? How would you describe the experience? Of all the places you've been on the ship, what was your favorite?

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day must be hard, my is too From Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    This is Jack.S, you seem to have a nice life on board. How is it, please tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am Nataleigh

    Do you always walk with your friends to class?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I'm Phoebe I'm 11 and I live in a small town in NH called Franconia. It must be hot where you live. We just had our first snow fall. That is cool how you have a play ground and a pool on the ship.I was wondering do you celebrate Halloween? Please respond.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    My name is Thomas and I live in Franconia NH in the USA. I think it would be fun to have a playground on a ship.
    Have a good time with Debora!
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete